Broccoli has been cultivated since ancient times. It was used in culinary as early as two thousand years ago by Ancient Greeks and Romans. Broccoli is the source of such vitamins as C, PP, K, U as well as beta-carotene.
It also contains minerals – iron, phosphorus, natrium and calcium. Chlorophyll improves blood composition, and flower dust is rich in micro elements. Broccoli is low in calories and is good for those watching their weight. There is more down the line.
This magic cabbage has anti-sclerotic and anti-cancer properties. It is healthy for people with heart condition and nervous system disorders.
Broccoli has a rich and piquant taste and broccoli dishes are very pleasant and tasty.
Ingredients for Boiled Broccoli
- 2-2.2 lb (1 kg) broccoli
- 2 lemons
- Oregano, salt
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin olive oil
- Wash broccoli, trim off stems.
- Boil in salted water until soft. Optionally, steam broccoli to keep richer taste.
- Remove from a pot and drain water through a colander.
- Arrange on a plate and pour lemon juice over.
- Dress with olive oil and sprinkle with oregano to taste.
- Serve hot or cold.