In Italy they call bread sticks grissini. They are baked from different kinds of flour with different additives. This type of bread is easy to take along to work, to picnics or give the kids for a snack at school. Crispy grissini with Parmesan boast a superlative taste. Their only drawback is they vanish too fast.
Ingredients for Cheese Sticks
- 0.9 lb 00 flour
- 0.5 pt water
- 0.05 lb yeast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 0.3 lb Parmesan
Recipe for Grissini
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add oil, salt and sifted flour. Knead soft non-sticky dough, put it in a bowl and cover with a towel.
- Grate half of Parmesan finely; cut the rest into small cubes.
- When the dough has swelled out to twice its size, mix in the cheese and leave to stand for another hour.
- After that roll the dough into pencil-thick sticks not longer than the baking tray.
- Bake for about 20 minutes in an oven pre-heated to 356 degrees.